- Views: 135Fuji Camera PricesRs. 9,900
- Views: 3185Olympus Digital Camera PricesRs. 8,600
- Views: 493Canon Digital Camera PricesRs. 8,200
- Views: 220Nikon Coolpix Performance Series PriceRs. 39,900
- Views: 334Nikon Coolpix Life Series PriceRs. 6,600
- Views: 517Nikon Coolpix Style Series Camera PriceRs. 9,800
- Views: 744Nikon DSLR Camera PriceRs. 47,499
- Views: 490Samsung Style Camera PricesRs. 8,100
- Views: 364Samsung Performance Camera PriceRs. 16,400
- Views: 194Samsung MultiView & 2View Cameras PricesRs. 13,600
- Views: 770Sony 26mm Carl Zeiss Lens Camera PriceRs. 9,800
- Views: 1042Sony T Series Camera PriceRs. 33,500
- Views: 521Sony Translucent Mirror Technology Camera PriceRs. 76,100
- Views: 665Sony S Series Camera PriceRs. 7,800
- Views: 915Sony W Series Camera PriceRs. 10,800
- Views: 894Sony Digital Photo S-Frame PriceRs. 5,000
Camera is an electronic device invented by Eastman Kodak in 1975. With the passage of time there are a lot of new features added in cameras like change of sensors and improvement from low resolution camera to high resolution digital camera. Many companies like canon and Sony are producing cameras with variety of features. There is a though competition between camera manufacturers and all are producing high tech cameras. Worldwide ranking of camera manufacturing companies are;
Canon is at the top of the list of world best digital cameras and was formed in 1937 in Tokyo. Canon is having the top position from many years. The most popular series of canon cameras are PowerShot and Rable series. These are the most selling series as well.
Sony is a leading multinational corporation of electronics and worldwide is on second position. Sony Cyber – Shot series is very popular series of Sony digital cameras.
Olympus is producing quality products (cameras) from 1936 and digital cameras of Olympus are more popular than film cameras.
Kodak, one of the oldest (1888) and leading companies, is also very popular in Pakistan. The company started from simple film cameras then move to the digital world to compete with the market.
It is a well reputed brand with the market share of 6.3%.
Samsung is the company that got the highest revenue in year 2010 and is very popular in Pakistan. It is considered in the top ten digital camera manufacturer companies. The company’s focus is on shoot cameras but also produced digital SLR and ultra compact cameras.
Other famous manufacturers are Nikon, Pentax etc. Canon is at the top of the list of popular brands from many years but Nikon and Sony started to capture the share of Canon with the release of amazing cameras in 2010. Sony’s market share has increased from 16.9 to 17.9 % in 2010 while the share of Canon is 19%. Although the market share of the digital cameras is high but it is also true that with the introduction of Smartphones the share of digital cameras decrease because Smartphone is a multi dimensional device with variety of features. Smartphones are having the cameras with the quality that matches with the quality of digital cameras. So people prefer to buy Smartphones instead of buying both the digital camera and phone. A decrease in the sales of digital cameras can be observed over the last 18 months.